The Senior Sales Specialist will promote approved products in the Neuroscience Franchise to prescribing HCPs in assigned territory They will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with target HCPs. They must also deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs Business Planning & Execution
- Enhance HCP awareness of Shire products clinical data, safety & efficacy
- Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to teach their patients about the assigned therapeutic area
- Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains
- Increase awareness of assigned therapeutics area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients
Education and Experience Requirements
- Expected to achieve call activity and adherence targets; as well as financial goals for assigned territory
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Builds and Leverages Relationships
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a scientific field
- 4 years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent are required
- 4 years of specialty pharmaceutical experience or equivalent required, preferably in the Neuroscience field
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred
Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to share knowledge and influence outcomes
- Creates networks with customers and colleagues in own area of expertise
Applies Selling Skills
- Leverage critical data and build business plans to drive performance
- Collaborates with manager to create territory plan; has general knowledge of industry practices and how it affects impacted customers at Shire; influences HCPs
Drives Results and Execution
- Articulate a customized customer value proposition and influence key decision makers
- Uses the current selling model- exercises judgment within defined procedures.
Supporting the Regulatory Environment
- Set challenging objectives and raise the bar on performance to achieve results
- Seeks guidance and mentorship - works under very general supervision.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Ensuring business is conducted within appropriate
Internal and External Contacts
- Adjusts approach as appropriate and within compliance and MLR guidelines; consult with Regional Leader or Director, on more complex issues.
- Understands and navigates complete customer and industry environments
Other Job Requirements
- Collaborates with all direct and indirect leadership on sales and marketing initiatives
- Collaborates with other field based colleagues and field sales trainers.
- Must reside within territory
- Continuous market based travel required
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.