At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for all food production including all items produced for restaurants and b anquet events . This position requires knowledge and experience in the areas of menu development, food purchase, specifications and standardized recipes. The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the development and monitoring of food and labor budgets for the Hotel Restaurants and Banquet operations and maintains the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support senior leadership by developing and assuming key management responsibilities
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervise departmental Sous Chefs performance and provide them council as to the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis ensuring financial performance and control
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Organize and facilitate departmental meetings, training and goals setting
The goal of the Executive Sous Chef is to work directly with and in the absence of the Executive Chef to maintain and improve the culinary operations. The ideal Executive Sous Chef will accomplish this by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
A little about us:
Hyatt’s goal is to become the most preferred hospitality brand – loved and respected by all. We listen and evolve to meet and anticipate the needs of our colleagues, guests and partners.