Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Position Summary:
The Executive Steward will support the Culinary Operations Supervisor with managing the daily operations fo the steward department to ensure the jobs are completed thoroughly up to Aramark and Food Safety standards. The position is part time, will work an event based schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Work with the Culinary Operations Supervisor and Executive Chef to ensure all all timelines met and all tasks completed as per BEO.
- Ensure a clean, safe and pleasant atmosphere is maintained in the dishroom and steward work areas at all times
- Perform any opening and closing checklists, ensuring that the dishroom and kitchen work areas are clean at the end of each day
- Maintain store rooms and refrigerators and ensure they are kept clean
- Ensure at all times that food safety guidelines and company food quality standards are adhered to
- Complete time and temperature control logs on a daily basis for HACCP compliance
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Operate dish washing machine set-up, load, run and remove clean dishes once process is complete
- Place clean dishes on correct shelves ready to be used again
- Maintain dish washing machine cleanliness ensure filters are frequently entered
- Manually hand wash and scrub pots to ensure they are thoroughly cleaned
- Keep all kitchen floors swept and mopped at all times
- Empty all trash cans and keep trash dumpster areas clean
- Report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions and practices to manager immediately
- Report to work in proper uniform
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule, which includes evening/weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Executive Chef and the Culinary Operations Supervisor
- Must be able to work independently and finish tasks in a timely manor
- Must be able to accurately carry out instructions and provide instructions to the stewards; hold stewards accountable to food service and food safety standards.
- Must be able to do repetitive tasks
- An attention to detail focus is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Must be fluent in the English language
- Must have a valid Food Handler Card.
- Lifting Requirements:
HEAVY Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.