At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As an Exenatide Marketing Manager in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVMD focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
Support the Head of Injectables and Bydureon Auto-Injector Marketing Director, on the delivering the Bydureon Auto-Injector plan for Bydureon. Work collaboratively with key markets and colleagues to generate, evaluate and deliver robust commercial options and strategies for the upcoming Auto-injector launch plan. With focus on supporting priority market preparation for the Auto-Injector launch as well as maximizing Bydureon Pen business prior to launch. Have key input in developing a robust strategic platform to leverage current and future data in support of the Bydureon strategy.
Reports to the Head of Injectables - Cardio Vascular Metabolic Diseases - Global Portfolio and Product Strategy
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the commercial aspects of Bydureon work-streams under guidance and direction of the Head of Injectables and Bydureon Auto-Injector Marketing Director.
- Work closely with business insights, medical and payer teams to input into global brand strategy for Bydureon Pen and Auto-Injector.
- Support Commercial Business Case Development for Auto-Injector opportunities leads work-stream related to development of demo kits/pens for new devices
- Contributes to Commercialization & Launch Strategy including BSP development for LCM opportunities
- Support the team on key interactions with Business Insight team and RWE teams
- Monitors Brand performance and develops key indicated actions for the business
- Responsible for more general brand deliverables as required by the business
- Essential Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree; relevant technical degree or MBA preferred
- Relevant DA knowledge in Diabetes and CV
- Understanding of the launch process and necessary commercial touch points
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Strategic thinking, judgment and influencing skills, to develop and implement strategies
- Strong leadership attributes to generate commitment and constructively resolve issues
- Exposure to a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payors, providers collaboration partners.
- Broad commercial experience
- Inline Brand Marketing Company experience (or external equivalent)
- Experience in marketing medical devices
- Exposure to decision-making bodies
- Working with R&D
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks and the implications for the commercial aspects to future brands
- Sufficient understanding of key marketing skill sets
Skills and Capabilities:
Top Priority Leadership Capabilities:
- Thinks Strategically: Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities, combining forethought with action. This is based on an understanding of the external environment and its impact on AZ.
- Works Collaboratively: Actively creates and promotes cross-boundary collaboration with the aim of achieving better business results. Boundaries can exist between individuals, geographies, cultures, teams, functions, organizations, etc.
Passion for Customers:
- Understands one's customers and uses that insight to provide value.
- Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and fosters the same in others. This is based on an underlying courage to enable risk-taking for the business.
- Holds self and others accountable for the achievement of performance expectations.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers:
- Significant collaboration with launch marketing company commercial leaders (brand leaders)
- Cross functional teams - Medical Affairs, Pricing and Market Access, Business Insights and Regional commercial teams
- Contact with key external stakeholders e.g., HCPs and Vendor Partners
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca