Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab - PRN Learn more about working at Lakeview Regional Medical Center, a Campus of Tulane Medical Center, where above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
About Lakeview Regional Medical Center
Lakeview Regional Medical Center is a full service, acute care hospital providing inpatient and outpatient healthcare services to St. Tammany Parish residents since 1977. Our 172-bed, state-of-the-art facility provides the most advanced, medical and surgical technologies available, along with personalized patient and family-based care in a safe, suburban community.
At Lakeview Regional we believe these well-defined values are the keys to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career. Roles & Responsibilities:
A Cardiac Rehab Exercise Physiologist provides assistance to inpatient Cardiac Care Units, Outpatient Care, and the Cardiologists serving on the hospital service to assure that patients are provided with quality-coordinate care. Functions as a member of the Health and Wellness Team by assisting in all aspects of patient care. Reports to Coordinator of Cardiopulmonary Rehab.
Involves general guidance and direction by the Nursing Clinical Manager. The employee will be expected to perform most duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Health or Exercise Related Field.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of cardiopulmonary service is essential.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of growth and development through the ages and possess the ability to interact with adult geriatric patients to fulfill their emotional and psychosocial needs.
- Ability to interact with various levels of medical and lay professionals.
- Ability to instruct patients on use of exercise equipment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom