Experience Designer, Capital One Labs
Capital One Labs’ mission is to redefine how people interact with their money. Part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Experience Designer is a key role to envision how people will interact with our products/services and to bring that experience to life in an inspired way.
As an Experience Designer, you craft interfaces that satisfy utilitarian needs while developing an emotional connection with customers. Specifically, you will be responsible for developing the design strategy, UX flows and UI designs based on deep understanding of user behavior, user data analysis and underlying business needs.
Despite being humble and modest about your skills, you have a point of view based in your experience. You love the idea of tackling complex problems and are comfortable with ambiguity. You don’t just rely on off-the-shelf patterns and solutions, but think critically about new interaction and visual design models and emerging frameworks.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Leading and executing across all aspects of the design process from consumer research to articulating a design strategy to designing the UI.
- Sketching, concept generation, storyboarding and other ideation exercises to push the boundaries of what we build
- Developing user flows backed by user data, modern design sensibilities and creativity
- Crafting prototypes across a range of fidelities of proposed designs of new digital services by designing user centered interfaces and interaction experiences.
- Applying established interaction models, yet looking to push and explore new approaches when called for
- Identifying opportunities to establish new points of view on trends and insights, partner with internal and external subject matter experts, and develop new capabilities that evolve our design practice
What you bring:
- A proven track record in new product development as well as iterative innovation
- Expertise in user flow development, information architecture, UI design, and visual design.
- Ability to Identify and solve UX problems with elegant solutions
- Deep expertise in creating coherent and compelling experiences that satisfy consumer and business needs.
- Experience in user-centered design methodologies, facilitating consumer research, design sprints, critiques, and ideation sessions
- Experience in analyzing user data to inform user flow and design
- Ability to articulate a design perspective and approach that is specific to the initiative
- Strong partnership with prior experience successfully collaborated within product teams that employ Agile methodologies.
What qualities we are looking for:
- A strong, empathic communicator
- A passion for exploring new methods and practices
- An ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones
- Energy, motivation, and commitment to drive to results in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Interest in working with data driven products.
- A constant student, learning new skills and open to new approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience designing for digital services
- Master’s degree in a design related field
- More than 7 years of professional experience designing for consumer digital services
To learn more about Labs, follow us on Twitter: @CapitalOneLabs
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.