The Digital Marketing Studio organization is responsible for helping Dell customers, partners, and employees make the most of Digital to strengthen our collective relationships and transform our businesses. We accomplish this by envisioning, designing, delivering, and operating amazing user experiences, and partnering internally to leverage them to great effect to make it easier and more delightful to do business with Dell. We are part of Dell’s Digital Marketing organization and our primary focus is on DellEMC.com and DellTechnologies.com and their interplay with the rest of Dell’s digital ecosystem.
The Experience Director is responsible for helping to define Dell’s user experience mission, to recruit for and develop our amazing team UX practitioners, and to infuse customer-led research, data, and testing leading practices into the core of everything we do.
The successful candidate has a broad and deep background in User Experience inclusive of User Research, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design with a track record of success in each area. You’ll be joining a small but rapidly growing team, working on digital experiences used by millions of people, looking to define experiential greatness for the enterprise. We are looking for a leader and practitioner to help us build this practice from the ground up.
Data-driven thinking is baked into our DNA. You’re outstanding at quantitatively defining User Experience opportunities and solutions, in addition to knowing how and when to blend in the qualitative pieces to accentuate.
You know what great data-driven User Experience looks like and how it is done. You have helped companies to improve their web presence, and make it easier for their customers, partners, and employees to use it. You’ve conducted user research, mined huge amounts of data from web analytics and backend systems and combined this with user research, stakeholder interviews, and qualitative inputs to come up with Visioning Briefs, Personas, and Experience Maps which the business and digital teams stand behind and which guide the rest of the work. You’ve come up with ways to keep these personas and experience maps fresh and refine them as more data comes in. You’ve created information architectures that optimize for business impacts, including better engagement and conversion. You’ve defined these information architectures all the way through to the page level, instantiated them into digital navigation and sitemaps, and gone on to build prototypes and design these experiences themselves from vision to wireframes. You’ve worked with many parties along the way to drive the effort forward while knowing how and when to defend design choices or refine them. You’ve done user testing with your prototypes and wireframes to increase your chances of success upon first ship, and you feel ownership for your experiences throughout their whole lifecycle beyond this. You closely watch how your experiences perform first-hand with Adobe Analytics and other web analytics and testing tools and optimize them accordingly.
You’re a great listener and a great teacher. This helps you successfully manage stakeholder expectations at all levels, and get internal parties aligned on a common vision and design direction. You are insatiably curious, passionate about great digital experiences, have extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills, and aspire to define greatness in data-driven digital User Experience.
· Establish best practices for quantitative, data-driven User Experience
· Define user research and user testing methodology and lead the organization by example in user-centric information architecture and experience design
· Help to recruit and retain amazing User Experience practitioners and establish this practice area with our teams internally
· Collaborate with designers and strategists to set research goals and ensure quality research outputs and best-in-class designs
· Conduct, moderate, and manage research projects end to end, including usability testing, contextual inquiry and design research
· Partner with stakeholders and collaborators including the Data Science group to develop data-driven Personas and Experience Maps, align personas across the organization
· Collaboratively define the information architecture for DellEMC.com, DellTechnologies.com, and the interplay with Dell.com including the combined sitemap and navigation
· Convert information architectures into prototypes and actionable designs utilizing leading practices
· Lead ideation and review sessions and the full UX cadence - bringing together user research, information architecture, experience design, visual design, product managers, content strategy, copywriting, and those stakeholders directly involved in approving the design
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
**Required Skills and Experience**
· A truly impressive background with experience creating interfaces, large-scale information architectures, websites, or applications, consistent with 13+ years of experience in user experience across user research, information architecture, and experience design
· Experience leading interdisciplinary teams in creating amazing digital experiences which blend innovation and usability – from digital strategy to data-driven persona and experience map development through research, IA, XD, all the way to post go-live optimization
· Experience delivering leading class Information Architectures with deliverables encompassing sitemaps, navigation, Publishing & CMS workflows, admin interfaces, content migrations, governance planning, training
· Proactivity – able to listen and also anticipate the needs, concerns, and input from teammates across the organization
· Engaging presentation style and visual communication skills—you should be insanely excited about your work and know how to spread that enthusiasm
· Proficient with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or other industry-standard web analytics solutions
· Demonstrated proficiency/experience using industry-standard tools for developing wireframes and behavior specifications
· Demonstrated proficiency/experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum
· Bachelor's degree preferably in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Human-computer Interaction, or equivalent experience in a related field
· Current portfolio
Engineering - Software, Engineering - Other
100 - EMC CORPORATE
US - California - San Francisco