Are you passionate about helping customers with their Big Data, Data Platform, Analytics or Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions? Do you have a passion for developing Go-to-Market (GTM) plans? We are looking for a key player to drive targeted audience engagement, demand generation and deal acceleration by engaging Business Decision Makers (BDMs) and IT Decision Makers (ITDMs) with high impact content utilizing the power of Microsoft’s cloud platform.
The intersection of cloud, data and AI is driving transformation with our enterprise customers starting with their data estate. Enterprise customers expect Microsoft to deliver transformational data solutions that enable their digital business and modernize their technology assets to support their customer and operational business goals.
Product Marketing Manager – Data and AI
Microsoft’s Enterprise Services organization is looking for an experienced, creative and result-driven business professional to develop and drive execution of GTM strategies and plans for the Data and AI Solution Area. This includes orchestrating GTM with different stakeholders (Solution Area, Sales, Delivery, Field); monitoring business performance across geographies, securing a healthy pipeline, designing customer targeting guidance and engagement models; creating high-impact content to engage customers at different stages of their journey, to open more new business opportunities for Microsoft.
As part of the GTM plan execution, you will define unique and compelling thought leadership, and create customer content optimized for digital use. You will apply account–based engagement techniques and plans to execute with Microsoft’s field structure worldwide. The customer segment for this role is enterprise, made up of large commercial and public-sector customers, all of whom have a direct Microsoft relationship - and make up a significant part of Microsoft’s overall business.
High-priority industries include Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Civilian Government and Public Safety. Increasing growth and value for these customers requires engaging and nurturing multiple BDM and ITDM roles across the customer lifecycle, from sales to operations and support.
This role necessitates that you apply strategic thinking, excellent analytical skills, a highly collaborative style, and strong execution. Your experience in the Data & AI areas is critical – including Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data, Data Warehousing. Success in this role will require a customer-centric mindset and close partnership and alignment with our sales organizations around the world and at HQ, plus HQ-based business groups.
Your background in enterprise customer marketing will be highly appreciated, as well as experience of sales planning, pipeline analysis, readiness and execution. Digital marketing, social selling and account-based marketing experience will all be useful for this role.
You will be a key member of the Solution Area & Industry Experience team within Microsoft’s Enterprise Services. We are a team of passionate and experienced people building a new Go-To-Market approach to increase enterprise customer engagement and success, focused on differentiating our Microsoft capabilities through thought leadership and account-based engagement.
In summary, your responsibilities will include:
• Developing, orchestrating and tracking performance and effectiveness of GTM key sales plays of the Data and AI Solution Area
• Driving landing and orchestrated execution of GTM with the Field and capturing, analyzing and sharing performance trends, blockers and best practices to accelerate revenue growth
• Delivering key analyses and insights on GTM performance for MBRs, QBU reviews, etc., prioritizing issues that need immediate attention and driving correction of error plans.
• Driving pipeline maturity through targeted audience engagement, demand generation and deal acceleration.
• Creating and ensuring use of engaging customer content, including thought leadership and storytelling, across BDM and ITDM audiences and priority industries
• Managing Solution Area scorecard, including “New Work Sold”, net new leads, growth of BDM contacts and pipeline coverage.
Background, Experience and Skills desired:
• 8+ years of marketing experience in the development and implementation of GTM, lead generation and marketing programs, including messaging, storytelling, content development and creative design
• Experience in sales/marketing/business development (MS or competition) in Enterprise segment is desirable
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience applying modern marketing techniques, especially account-based marketing, social engagement and content
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Excellent cross-team collaboration skills and strong problem-solving capabilities.
• Intense customer focus, passion and ability to find mutually beneficial solutions for customers and Microsoft
• Track record of exceptional partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, agencies, executive stakeholders and external partners, and a proven ability to lead through influence
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills are required
• An undergraduate degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience.
Location/Travel: You will be based near the Microsoft HQ in Issaquah, WA, USA. Travel of approximately 10%, globally can be expected, as the needs of the business demand.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
With 23,200+ employees globally, Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success is one of the company’s largest groups, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better—and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.