Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Description Position Mission:
Grows store sales and cash flow by "hands on management" with team members & shift supervisors to create a memorable experience for each and every guest while ensuring the delivery of fast and friendly service, quality products and a clean, safe store environment. Makes balanced decisions between driving sales and managing costs to achieve long-term, sustainable growth. Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Increases unit sales through delivery of quality store operations and in-store sales building activities.
- Partners with neighborhood charities and churches to extend local reach and builds awareness of the Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels.
- Ensures a quality guest experience by driving fast and friendly service, ensures that each product delivered to our guests meets the Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels quality standards, and ensures that the store is clean in accordance with standards.
- Partners with District Manager (DM) to determine local sales building activities in-store.
- Executes national marketing programs.
- Monitors and analyzes results and uses the information to produce plans for improvement.
- Represents Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels in handling customer complaints and/or issues; demonstrates high aptitude for troubleshooting.
- Delivers profit by determining the appropriate number of counter hours necessary to increasing sales and controlling costs.
- Manages team labor by proper scheduling of management counter hours in combination with team members.
- Controls product costs through efficient inventory control and waste management.
- Controls operating expenses such as supplies, services, and telephone while ensuring upkeep of store and equipment.
- Minimizes loss through strict observance of cash handling policies, proper training of employees, and complying with all accounting/banking requirements.
- Completes weekly P&L. Utilizes and interprets P&L and financial statements to analyze financial trends and plans accordingly.
- Ensures overall safety of team members and customers.
- Maintains an adequately staffed store with qualified employees by engaging in effective recruiting, hiring, training, and retention tactics.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects new team members, shift supervisors and assistant store managers.
- Orients and trains new team members, shift supervisors and assistant store managers.
- Provides on shift development for team members, shift supervisors and assistant store managers.
- Offers guidance to team members regarding personal development opportunities and career path.
- Monitors the performance of each employee and holds them accountable for standards and expectations.
- Provides on the spot feedback and guidance.
- Responds to employee questions and resolves employee issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures steady flow of information to and from Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels.
- Models, upholds and implements the Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels policies, practices, and standards.
- Complies with all local, state, and federal laws and guidelines.
- Represents store as a liaison.
- Oversees catering requirements.
- Completes and maintains records/paperwork.
- Maintains records of personnel, inventories, sales, and accounting.
- Maintains point of sale system by reporting all system failures and verifies download accuracy (e.g. pricing updates, menu changes).
- Restaurant, retail or customer service management experience.
- Demonstrated sales building, P&L experience, recruiting, training, and basic computer skills.
- Math aptitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Team Member training.
- Shift Supervisor training.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 30 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
***********CURRENT SERVSAFE CERTIFICATION REQUIRED*************************
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standards
- Experience in food service industry
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community
- Front-of-house and/or back-of-house
- Occasionally inside kitchen area and or dish room; including interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions.
- Cash Register
- Credit Card Machine
- POS System
- Coffee Machine
- All Kitchen Equipment
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT: Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds. Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.