• Board certified Neurologist
• Clinical experience
• Experience in neurosciences/neurobiology
• Experience in early stage drug discovery and early phase drug development
• Medical monitoring experience
• Knowledge of clinical trial conduct and regulatory activities
• Ability to interpret clinical trial results, including the strengths and weaknesses of study design and application of study results to clinical practice.
• Breadth of clinical knowledge
• MD PhD
• Strong self-motivation; capable of multi-tasking and working on multiple projects in different phases of early development.
• Highly effective in both written and verbal communications for relevant internal and external decision-making bodies.
• Credibility in working with external clinical partners with evidence of solid external clinical network within Neuroscience.
In this role you will work with the members of the Neuroscience Virtual Proof of Concept Discovery Performance Unit (nVPoC DPU) who are predominantly based at the GSK R&D site located in Collegeville, Pennsylvania and the GSK R&D site located in Stevenage, United Kingdom. A successful candidate will use his/her background to;
1) work with colleagues in reviewing and identifying new and potentially ground breaking areas of neuroscience from a clinical perspective, and
2) develop clinical strategies for neuroscience projects.
This is a varied and challenging role to suit a confident, energetic, efficient person with a positive outlook and a 'can-do' attitude who has strong team working skills.
Additional details of the position:
• Work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to review and assess neuroscience and put together a clinical strategy for Neurosciences projects.
• Develop, articulate and a lead clinical strategy.
• Identify, design and execute experimental medicine trials.
• Provide medical governance input for projects in different phases of development. The applicant will need to ensure adherence to GSKs medical governance policies and procedures, in order to protect the rights, safety, and well being of subjects and the accuracy and validity of the trial data.
• Interface with external and internal experts to discuss science opportunities and identify gaps.
• Work collaboratively with groups within the GSK organization in a matrix setting..
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.