• MSc plus 8 years of industry experience or PhD
• Degree in RNA biology, virology or other vaccinology related discipline.
• R&D experience in application of DNA and RNA expression platforms toward recombinant protein expression and vaccine antigen development in an industrial, academic or government laboratory setting
• Understanding of different protein expression platforms, cell transfection/transduction and selection, experience with transient and stable expression systems
• Plasmid and viral vector design and optimization
• Experience with bioanalytical assay execution (ELISA, Flow Cytometry, PCR assays, DNA sequencing technologies)
• PhD degree.
• Core expertise in RNA biology, structural analytics, RNA vector design and optimization
• Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively interface with internal and external partners
• Ability to efficiently manage uncertainty, changes in priority and timeline restrictions
• Hands-on experience with development, evaluation and(or) implementation of new approaches for generation and characterization of stable cell lines expressing recombinant vaccine antigens and/or viruses used for clinical and commercial development of vaccine candidates
• Knowledge of GMP or GLP standards applicable to laboratory processes
• Learning agility, self-starter's attitude
Technical expert within the antigen expression group.
• Supervises laboratory set-up activities
• Builds laboratory systems within a new organization
• Trains and mentors junior staff
• Oversees/ participates in the execution of laboratory activities
• Supports cell line development, viral, VLP, RNA and DNA vaccine development activities
• Works with minimal supervision in a matrix environment and effectively manage multiple projects
• Leads internal and external project and technology transfer activities
• Incorporates new technologies or techniques to refine the established antigen expression platforms
• Executes and documents experiments/technical studies/tasks independently, maintaining good scientific practices
• Applies appropriate regulatory guidelines to the vaccine development, co-authors technical reports used in regulatory filings, interacts with health authorities to ensure successful registration vaccine candidates
• Contributes to scientific papers and internal reports
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.