At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Export Control Analyst for the Supply Chain - Operations Division in the Corporate Business Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Export Control Analyst
will be responsible for providing professional functional expertise, project leadership, and tactical execution of multiple export control related activities in support of the company's strategic plan and key initiatives related to Global Trade Compliance. The activities require high levels of functional expertise with export control regulations, 3M business activities, and global business processes. This position has global functional responsibilities to work with and support all business units within 3M. The Export Control Analyst will report to the Trade Compliance Manager for Export Controls.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the development and implementation of global standards, procedures, and business process controls related to the export controlled technology and technical data.
- Provides export control and compliance functional expertise to the global organization.
- Supports the deployment of the Global ERP and other IT globalization initiatives with regards to the export control change impacts.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience working with Export Controls and/or Trade Compliance functions
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Export Controls or related Trade Compliance functions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing control plans, standard operating procedures, or training materials
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and various collaboration tools
- Experienced in applying Green Belt-level Six Sigma tools
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20%
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.