Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The intern will provide technical and administrative support to the Global Supply Chain's Distribution Center in Omaha, NE. This is a 9-11 week internship. No housing will be provided.
The International group in Omaha is responsible for Customer Service, Logistics, and Trade Compliance to deliver Merck Animal Health products to our commercial operations and distributors in 62 different countries. We work with the US manufacturing sites, Regulatory agencies, Freight Forwarders, and other contacts to book orders, prepare documentation and manage the transportation process. We also work directly with Merck operations around the globe and our direct distributors primarily in Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Areas of focus will include:
- Data collection to identify opportunities and drive the best value for ongoing projects.
- Assist in creating databases and reports based on metrics identified by management that allow for increased visibility and enhanced decision-making.
- Supporting the order processing to export clients around the globe
- Required: Currently enrolled in a BA/BS program in Supply Chain, Logistics, Trade Compliance or related field.
- Must be available for full-time during a period of 9-11 weeks, beginning June 2017
- Must be returning to school in the fall of 2017
- Proven ability to work with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. create and manage databases) and the ability to collect, assimilate, and synthesize data required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement