Job Location: United States : Tennessee : Nashville
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Responsible for providing investment professionals the ability to help their clients achieve financial freedom with certainty and confidence, while promoting the MetLife brand and increasing market share.
- Responsible for building new and maintaining existing relationships with financial advisors in national broker dealers (BDs), regional BDs and independent BDs to increase revenue. Ensuring trust from the financial advisor is crucial for the successful execution of the job.
- Conduct joint meetings with financial advisors and clients to educate and sell Annuities. Additionally, actively consult and advise financial advisors to provide them with value-added strategies to increase the business with their clients.
- Collaborate with financial advisors to include annuities in financial plan for clients. Ability to educate financial advisors on financial products and the process of selling annuity products.
- Conduct meetings, seminars and training workshops to current and prospective representatives (including some weekends) to increase the knowledge of MetLife’s products, describe our value proposition and present our products in the context of sales ideas.
- Strategically plan and manage the deployment of resources to maximize territorial sales while being responsible for budgeting and expenses.
- Work in conjunction with the assigned Internal Wholesaler to identify and foster leads generated by from referrals, ad campaigns and territory canvassing.
- Responsible for keeping financial advisors informed of rapidly changing products and service agreements.
- Must actively develop new relationships with financial advisors to significantly capture sales and grow assets, especially in key accounts, as well as servicing existing producing agents.
- Provide competitive intelligence to sales and product management on a regular basis, as well as reporting and managing contacts (face-to-face).
- 5+ years sales experience wholesaling in annuity insurance industry (internal, external or combination)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior Point of Sale experience
- Proven ability to build strong relationships
- Proven ability to grow a territory as measured by sales and persistency of business
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Life Insurance License
- NASD Series 6 or Series 7 and Series 63
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Ability to work independently and to communicate clearly and concisely
- Thorough knowledge of and proven ability to demonstrate sales and marketing principles and practices at the point of sale.
- Excellent presentation skills, both in creation and delivery, to current and prospective clients.
- Expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of existing, new and enhanced products.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 47402
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.