PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
PwC's US Finance organization is a strategic business advisor responsible for managing the firm's financial risk, including: financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with strategic and tactical matters. Services include: budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, data and analytics, shared services and financing. Finance works daily with US Leadership, engagement partners and managers on managing the profitability of engagements.
Finance has assisted other PwC Network firms regionalize their financial operations. Finance also analyzes potential acquisitions, assisting with the integration (including system needs) and educating partners/managers on how to navigate our various financial systems.
Controller Operations is comprised of a group of talented finance professionals who provide service to our internal clients in the following areas:
Budgeting, Reporting, Regulatory and Statutory Compliance, Business Operations, Domestic and International Accounting Operations, and Finance Strategy and Business Operations.
The Internal & External Reporting team is responsible for the reporting and analysis of financial results prepared under internal PwC accounting principles (PwC GAAP) and US GAAP, preparation of regulatory and statutory financial statements, debt covenant compliance reports, ABAS securitization reporting, information requests, finance committee presentations and supporting departmental initiatives such as convergence with US GAAP.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Certification(s) Preferred: CPA Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and understanding of the general ledger and financial reporting systemsâ€”preferably for a global network of professional service consulting firms
in order to prepare data and deliver effective reporting to finance, functional and other business leaders, emphasizing the following areas:
- Detailed understanding of financial reporting, US GAAP accounting principles and is proficient in researching accounting literature, and
- Delivery of analyzing results accurately, identifying possible issues, and making recommendations and supporting conclusions that exhibit understanding of the Firm's organizational structure.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with assisting in the preparation of the US Firm's statutory and regulatory financial statements and external reporting requirementsâ€”e.g. debt covenant compliance reports, ABAS securitization reporting, information requests and finance committee presentationsâ€”as well as the following areas:
- Assisting with leadership reporting and operational analysis of transactions, including resolving issues, accurately answer customer inquiries and proactively report potential issues that may impact financial results;
- Analyzing proposed new reporting requirements; ascertain its impact on systems/interfaces and report results to department managers;
- Confirming and taking appropriate action that documentation is maintained current for processes, system and process change recommendations along with leadership approvals;
- Preparing and distributing standard and/or ad hoc financial reports, developing changes and/or additions to existing reporting packages;
- Making appropriate recommendations regarding the accounting treatment to comply with agreed upon standards
PwC accounting principles, "PwC GAAP", and US GAAP;
- Participating in educating the department on changes in accounting standards and identify the impact to Firm policies and systems for upcoming changes in accounting standards along with supporting the reporting managers by proactively making and implementing process change recommendations;
- Assisting with strategic and operational planning to support the department managers and assists in effecting change;
- Adapting consciously individual behavior to organizational strategy to demonstrate a model of what the appropriate behavior looks like.
For instance, if the customer is important then models "customer first" behavior;
- Utilizing the Firm's standard suite of work solutions, such as Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, and has a thorough understanding of Firm systems, such as SAP R-3/GFS, myKcurve, Business Warehouse and relevant databases, and their dependencies on one another;
- Working under the leadership of the team's managers and independently on special projects as assigned;
- Building and maintaining relationships with business partners, finance leaders and stakeholders to provide analytical and technical accounting assistance; and,
- Keeping the team and leadership informed of progress and issues affecting the department and provides suggestions to improving effectiveness and promote work/life balance.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.