ADECCO is the largest staffing company in the mid-ohio valley. A lot of the biggest and best companies in the area use ADECCO. We are currently recruiting for Extrusion Operators for a great local client. These are immediate need 90 day temp-to-hire positions.
As an Extruder Operator you will be responsible for operating plastic extrusion machines which convert PVC powder into a variety of shapes and sizes of profiles used in the manufacture of various building related products. You will adhere to all EHS standards and requirements. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following........
* Attention to Detail: produces work that is accurate and does not require any changes.
* Set up dies, extrusion machines and auxiliary equipment
* Observe machine operation to detect profile defects or machine malfunction and readjust operating conditions
* Conduct quality checks by measuring product dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation by using calipers
* Move finished profile and prepare racks of product for shipment
* Carry scrap and defective profile to grinding machine bins
* Fill hopper, and perform minor machine maintenance such as lubrication and cleaning dies
* Take hourly readings of machine gauges and document results on run sheets.
* Accurately count and report production and inventory at end of shift
* Perform duties in safe and responsible manner
* Attend all plant EHS training as scheduled, and follow guidelines, rules, procedures and programs as trained
* One to two years experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
* 3-6 months manufacturing experience.
Knowledge and Skill:
* Ability to use a tape measure accurately and do basic math skills
* Ability to convert fractions to decimals.
* Ability to read written instructions, production reports and common statistical data.
* Comfortable with operating machinery.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
* Ability to stand for up to 12 hours per day.
* Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb.
* Ability to handle and manipulate tools and/or controls.
* High School diploma or GED is required. One to two years experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred
You will start out as stacker at a rate of $11.10 an hour. Upon completion of the operator training program, your pay will increase to $11.85 per hour
If you have the above qualifications, then we have a position for you!! This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.
For more information about these positions, please contact our office at 304.422.0288 or apply online RIGHT NOW at www.adeccousa.com
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.