The primary role of the Blow Mold / Filler Operator is to competently operate, monitor machine performance, perform bottle quality inspections, detect and correct bottle quality defects, machine change-over and provide effective operator-based services on assigned blow mold equipment. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the operator-based services program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components and perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs operator-based preventive services.
The Blow Mold / Filler Operator is recognized as possessing basic skills and knowledgeable in mechanical systems and is able to provide first level troubleshooting for operational machine performance issues as well as troubleshoot and resolve bottle quality issues caused by incorrect machine operation. He/she is responsible for notifying management if a workplace becomes too hazardous because of some mechanical problem. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
Measurement of Position Performance
- Understand the blow process "Sequence of Operation".
- Efficiently and effectively operate blow mold equipment and bottle quality verification equipment.
- Understand, monitor, and acknowledge quickly address machine malfunction alarms.
- Able to access machine reports, alarm log, and system monitoring pages from the operator console(s).
- Understand the purpose and operation of the machine oven.
- Understands the machine oven lamp configuration and corresponding bottle attributes affected.
- Understands the relationship between the physical attributes of the preform and the machine oven zone temperature adjustments in the correct production of quality bottles.
- Able to correctly adjust the machine recipe to produce quality bottles.
- Understands bottle defects - causes and solutions (pearlescent or opalescence appearance, excess material at base, base off-center, over-stretched foot, deformed neck, etc.
- Able to diagnose and correct operational issues, such as broken oven lamps, incorrectly fed preforms, discharge jams, and other operational performance issues.
- Monitors machine performance and quickly identify incorrect machine performance and implement first-level troubleshooting to implement corrective measures.
- Correctly and efficiently set-up and change-over the blow mold and all associated equipment to minimize line changeover times.
- Operate and monitor bottle preform supply system and equipment.
- Maintain adequate supply of preforms to the blow mold machine.
- Maintain accurate records and logs, as required.
- Perform all production quality checks, as required.
- Bottle section weights
- Base clearance
- Visual Appearance
- Thread finish
- Burst testing
- Preform weights
- Analyzes test results, machine error messages, and information in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Assist maintenance technicians in the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Performs operator-based preventive maintenance on mechanical systems to include disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Work directly with maintenance personnel, line personnel and management in problem solving to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Communicates with management, engineers, mechanics, and equipment operators to advise them if there are any potential mechanical hazards.
- Keeps the management informed of all issues which may affect the operational capability of the area processes and equipment.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) in the execution of the production work schedule. Ensures the area is maintained in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Attends meetings and supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- Makes recommendations for system improvement.
The Blow Mold / Filler Operator is measured in the performance of his/her duties and execution of assigned responsibilities by:
- Ability to do the work of the Machine Operator - Blow Mold position without more than normal supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operation, capabilities, and limitations of assigned production equipment and processes. Knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical systems, etc.
- Knowledge of safety, environmental, and security regulations, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of regulations, procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation.
- Skill in detecting and correcting bottle quality issues.
- Ability to quickly and correctly changeover the equipment.
- To ensure blow mold and associated equipment are operated in a safe, efficient and correct manner.
- Produce quality bottles on demand to support production goals.
- Promote and provide a safe work environment for all assigned personnel in the production area.
- Reports to the manufacturing supervisor.
- Works closely with maintenance supervision.
- Works closely with maintenance associates.
- Maintains good working relationships with other organizational units in the plant.
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 60 working days of start date
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to visually identify defective parts
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Must be able to work flexible shift schedules up to 12-hour shifts as determined by business need
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.