Fab Automation Software Engineer Job Description
- Responsible for Automation applications and/or infrastructure including development of software applications and software systems.
- Provide on-call coverage for the factory about one week per month.
- Provide testing and configuration assistance with all Automation hardware and software upgrades associated with high volume factory ramp. Duties will also include research and development of next-generation automation systems in the areas of flexible manufacturing systems, experiment management, user interfaces, process control, database applications, data analysis, equipment controller development, distributed system architecture, and automated material handling systems.
- The individual will be expected to learn the scientific and business models used within the Intel process technology development environment and use this understanding to define, design, and develop systems that track material, control processing, and analyze data critical to the success of the technology development process.
- Activities will span the full software lifecycle - vision and requirements analysis, architecture definition, project planning, software design and development, testing, implementation, support and continuous improvement.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Bachelor, Masters, and PhD candidates for Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Computer Science majors.
Understanding software development life cycle, and have the computer skills necessary to troubleshoot complex systems in a heterogeneous environment is a plus.Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on EarthOther Locations
US, Arizona, Phoenix; Posting Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....