Fabric Development Manager
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posted: September 25, 2017
Reference ID: 110152BR
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
We are looking for Software Development Managers with back-end web application and systems-level experience to join our Fabric Development team in Dallas, TX. We seek individuals who innovate & share our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace. The Fabric Development team is a team dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from API design to application architecture to flexible infrastructure services. We are running IBM's current generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients.Responsibilities:The successful candidate will work as a first line Software Development Manager as part of the Fabric Development team with a focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Provide functional direction to a team of approximately 8 -10 software engineers.
- Work closely with them to ensure they have what they need, remove blockers and enable them to meet commitments.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance.
- Work across functional teams to drive quality deliverables.
- Build, grow, lead, and mentor the team.
- 1+ years of Experience being the manager and managing people and work within the context of at least one large scale (6+ month duration) development project
- 10+ years software development
- 1+ years of experience developing and running large scale production web-application
- Demonstrated technical competence on software lifecycle topics.
- Have a working knowledge of web application fundamentals and best practices
- Familiar with virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM, and VMWare
- Exceptional verbal, written, and teaming skills, organizational abilities and demonstrated multi-tasking abilities.
- 3+ year Object Oriented programming, design principles and patterns, Object-Relational-Mapping libraries (ORM's), SQL (Oracle)
- 1+ years of experience writing and using SOAP or RESTful web services (XML-RPC, JSON).