Eaton Corporation located in Sumter, SC has an opening for a Fabrication Machine Operator.
The position is on D Shift (Fri-Sun 5pm-5am).
Providing knowledge and expertise on lines through the effective set up and operation of machinery including but not limited to Brake Press, Franklin, Turret Punch, Tap Machine, Manual Shear, etc. Provide internal and external customers
with the required parts necessary to complete customer orders in a timely manner with the utmost of quality.
- Set up, operate and perform operator periodic maintenance on a variety of machines in the Copper Bus Shop. Individuals
will be responsible for running machines such as: Franklin Punch, Boschert, Conventional Turret Punch, Vertical and
Horizontal Brakes, Bus Shear, Leveler, Notcher, and Tapper.
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production
process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a
timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments
and/or projects as assigned.
- Comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and
operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and
- Keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members
regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the
- Perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and
environmental safety and health.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
HS diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing operations experience graduate of a machining certificate or manufacturing certificate program
Minimum of 3 months of experience reading blueprint, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions
Minimum of 3 months of experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, calipers, etc.)
Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship
Must reside within 50 miles of Sumter SC to be considered. No relocation Benefits provided.
3 months of machine operator experience or graduate of a machine certificate program
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.