Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an internation, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Everyday, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice. POSITION SUMMARY
Set-up and operate equipment to specified tolerances in the stamping and molding departments and produce quality parts at an adequate rate. This position is responsible for making adjustments on tools, dies, molds, presses, machines, fixtures and equipment to produce parts of the required quality. Sets-up and operates presses, machines and equipment. Inspects parts to blueprints and secures first-piece approval before running. Weighs, identifies, and transports parts and materials. Notifies supervisor when materials, parts, tools, and equipment are not functioning properly or of the desired quality. Checks to be sure safety devices are in place and in proper operation. Maintains and lubricates presses, dies, molds, equipment, and related tooling. Obtains correct raw stock or parts from designated locations and places them into appropriate material handling equipment. Load stuffers, presses or dies with designated material. Places materials, parts, tools, dies, molds, fixtures and equipment in proper locations.
Makes minor electrical repairs. Makes periodic quality checks following inspection procedures. Segregates and disposes scrap and offal by type of material. Records information on forms for record keeping purposes. Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly. May handle plant waste, both hazardous and non-hazardous, in a manner which will insure compliance with local, Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality (NDEQ), and EPA regulations. Hazardous waste handling may include any of the following: dry wastes, contained wastes, moving wastes in-plant, and offering wastes for shipment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to meet production requirements and maintain part quality.
- Ability to use measuring instruments and read blueprints.
- Ability to read, understand and follow procedures to inspect parts.
- Must have the ability to communicate, including verbal and written English.
- Ability to work safely, communicate effectively with supervisors, technical support and peers, use good judgment, and work well around others.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations, following policies and procedures, solve problems and maintain full commitment to the task.
- Ability to utilize good time management skills and multitask without constant supervision
- Ability to use standard tools such as: Screw driver, allen wrenches, die grinder, hammers, sockets, end wrenches and other miscellaneous tools.
- Ability to operate forklift, overhead lift, overhead hoist and other material handling equipment and successfully pass standardized certification procedures.
- Maintains regular attendance in accordance with the current Attendance Policy.
: High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred. Experience
: Previous work experience preferred, but not required. Schedule
: 12 hour shifts. Alternating 3 days one week, 4 days the next week.
Must be able to pass a skills assessment test on reading and writing comprehension, arithmetic skills, and mechanical aptitude. ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
- Ability to remain on feet for an 11.5 hour period.
- Frequent forward and lateral reaching
- Occasional moderate force required to push, pull and position molds and dies
- Frequent grasping and using of tools such as wrenches and die grinder
- Occasional lifting of objects weighing 22-41 lbs from floor to waist height
- Occasional forward neck and back flexion
- Occasional stooping, crouching, squatting, kneeling and balancing
- Frequent hand-eye coordination of body and work object movements
- Occasional visual positioning of equipment, adjustments and data entry
- Occasional visual inspection to check for quality defects, tooling or measuring devices
- Must have the ability to climb ladder up to 10 feet and work at elevated heights using step ladders and fixed ladders
- Must have the ability to communicate.
- Ability to operate forklift, overhead lift and other material handling equipment and successfully complete standardized exam for its operation
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer apporach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, out team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of our energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer