PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position is within the Maintenance Department in EIS (Exelon Industrial Services) division and is responsible for performing all general mechanical maintenance on power plant equipment and must possess journeyman millwright skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 - Adheres to the conduct of maintenance and established maintenance standards and practices.
2 - Provide technical support to plant operations, maintenance staff and engineering.
3 - Verify/hold clearance orders. Perform alignment on pumps, fitting and welding tasks.
4 - Perform rigging using tools such as fork trucks, cranes and chain blocks.
5 - Perform verification checks on maintenance items covered in maintenance technician training.
6 - Plan work package planning when assigned.
7 - Perform assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
8 - Interpret and understand power plant prints.
- Requires high school education with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training OR Associates Degree in related discipline.
- Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job requirements for the position including previously passing the MASS test
- Skills: Blue print reading skills, laying basic steel, pipe fitting, oxyacetylene/plasma burning, basic rigging, fork lift, basic math, basic welding, equipment (band saw, shears, breaks, rollers, CNC).
- Travel will be requested (up to 75%)
- Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- May be required to obtain Nuclear Unescorted Access (includes additional background investigation, NRC psychological testing regulations, General Orientation Training (GOT) to gain nuclear site access, radiation safety training, including respirator qualifications).
Specific Location Information
This position will report to Fort Smallwood Shops location in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.