Ethicon, Inc., a
member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting
for a Facilitator (3rd
Shift), located in San
business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including
sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and
synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally
invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment
of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias,
cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services
of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical
innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded
more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing,
helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
(3rd Shift) will:
- Understand and adhere to Ethicon
environmental and safety policies/guidelines, J&J Pollution Prevention
Goals and regulatory requirements
- Provide the first level of supervision in
a manufacturing unit.
- Supervises in accordance with established
policies and methods to meet production commitments.
- Assigns duties and actively assists, or
provides direction to subordinates as required.
- Monitors work operations and employee
- Responsible for compliance with all
regulatory, corporate, and local policies.
- Responsible for the safety of shift
- Works under general supervision, with
responsibility to make decisions to meet operational objectives.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or
failure to get results may cause delays in program schedules and result in
the allocation of additional resources
- Comply with all
environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (i.e., ISO14001
- Ability to work third
shift, 6:30 PM to 6:30 AM and able to work overtime, some holidays and
off-shift hours as business needs
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in
- An advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing, facilitator and/or
operations experience is required
- Previous experience in people management and/or supervisory
experience is preferred
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma Certification is preferred
- Intermediate skills in MS Office is required
- Experience using JDE is preferred
- Statistical and analytical problem solving is preferred
- Understand and adhere to EPS principles and rules is required
- Experience in inventory control and metrics reporting is preferred
- May require up to 10% domestic travel
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Operations (Generalist)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.