SUMMARY Ensure all equipment in the distribution center is functioning properly and located in an area that promotes the most efficient operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Direct assignments to ensure work is completed with quality and efficiency, and assess staffing to meet department and overall DC objectives and metrics.
• Regularly communicate workflow status and updates to Department Manager,including department performance, operational objectives and associates issues, as well as decisions made and solution implemented.
• Provide leadership and coaching to associates within the department to ensure they are operating at peak performance.
• Evaluate associates performance to assign additional training, materials and/or tools to perform their duties safely with excellence.
• Establish and implement the preventative maintenance program to ensure maximum productivity.
• Review the workflow of the department to ensure it meets planned expectations and resolve any issues that arise.
• Authorize associate time and attendance to include to tracking and approval of work time, overtime, and time off. Manage planning and utilization of associate vacation time consistent with company policy.
• Investigate, in partnership with the Safety Manager, all accidents and determined follow-up as required.
• Coordinate all training to ensure compliance with all requirements for Safety, Regulatory, Quality, Human Resources, and other areas as per Rite Aid policy and procedure. Provide training as needed.
• Occasionally assist associates to demonstrate the proper performance of their duties in safe manner when and if needed. This includes operation of Powered Industrial Trucks relevant to specific department operations and functions.
This position directly supervises associates within a specific department of the distribution center, assisting the Department Manager and carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints., and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints. Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) is helpful.
This position requires a valid driver's license for business travel. Education
• Associate's Degree (AA) Industrial Maintenance or Manufacturing required.
• Five (5) years' of experience in manufacturing/industrial maintenance required.
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.