Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for delivering hi-tech equipment installation and tenant improvement construction projects using multiple project delivery and execution strategies at a competitive advantage. Manage project scope, schedule, and budget through all phases of design, contracting, and construction. Knowledgeable of construction processes, startup, testing, commissioning and acceptance of systems and buildings. Ensure projects are completed according to project plans. Candidate has a proven track record in managing a safety culture with leading indicators and methods that promote a safe working environment including incident investigation and corrective actions.
- Participate in the planning of facilities changes for laboratories and equipment layouts, working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with internal business partners, architecture/engineering firms, Facilities Operations, and EH&S in developing, reviewing and approving design criteria, layouts and detail drawings.
- Work to ensure re-use of existing designs that have been permitted and inspected previously, and works with EH&S to maintain compliance with laws and local codes.
- Resolve issues related to design criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Review and estimate design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs. This review includes categorization of costs by capital & expense, and by construction category similar to Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) categories.
- Inspect construction and installation progress for conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules. Participate in commissioning of facility or improvement and hand-off to lab owner and/or building operations.
- Schedule building inspections and obtain inspection approvals
- Manage/direct construction Project Managers as needed for RFI's, project scope of works, bid comparisons, work plan generations, conditional use, and full use approvals
- Manage project budgets, cost reporting and closure
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline
- 7 to 10 years relevant working experience
- Working experience as a construction project manager or facilities engineer in semiconductor manufacturing (wafer fab) facilities a strong plus
- Knowledge of semiconductor facilities systems including but not limited to acid waste and exhaust, solvent waste and exhaust, chilled/condenser water, hot water, process chilled water & DI water, process gases, controls, and monitoring systems
- Knowledge of Fire Life Safety and Gas Life Safety Systems and requirements
- Knowledge of City Permit requirements, National Electrical Code, Uniform Building Code, and Fire Codes
- Knowledge of Environmental & Safety regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of building control systems and remote energy management systems
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of SPC, 8D, DMAIC, FMEA and other tools
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger multi-functional team
- Good team player in any environment; extensive experience using these skills to resolve differences amongst peers and stakeholders
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Windows based software including Excel, Word, Project, Visio & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.