The Facility Maintenance Coordinator participates and/or performs a variety of building and grounds maintenance activities in support of MICRO Technologies Corporate office and warehouse(s). Job Responsibilities:
• Participates in the maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
o Work includes performing various custodial, janitorial and grounds maintenance activities.
o Custodial and janitorial includes cleaning (inside and outside) a 20,000 square foot office including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, dusting and various other custodial chores required to maintain facility in showroom condition.
o Ground maintenance involves mowing, edging, pruning, fertilizing and pest control plus automatic sprinkler maintenance and related activities.
o Any general maintenance ability, not mandatory, includes maintenance activities of minor carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, and related maintenance and repair activities.
• Must be conscious of safety methods to avoid injury to others and self.
• Performs a variety of landscape maintenance work including plant installations and maintenance, mowing, trimming, mulching, watering, fertilizing, irrigation, pesticide application, edging, blowing and cleaning sidewalks, etc.
• Performs minor building maintenance work (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting) as needed; assists higher level professional tradesman in more skilled trades work.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide industry expertise to customers in terms of sanitation, safety, quality and operations; identifying and implementing operational efficiencies, and employee training.
- All other duties as assigned
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and subordinates.
• Ability to use chemical and pesticides properly and in accordance with State rules and regulations.
• Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
• Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Must possess the visual acuity to operate mobile equipment such as mowers and tractors and to inspect equipment and facilities. Education and Preferred Experience:
High school graduate with 5 or more years' experience in the area of building, grounds, facility maintenance, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a lead facility maintenance capacity preferred.
• Special Requirements Possession of a valid Texas issued driver's license.
• Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record. Acceptable is determined by established company policy.
• Willingness and ability to work varying hours as business needs dictate.