Facilities Electrical Engineer Job Description
Corporate Services CS provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
- Provide projects and sustaining electrical engineering support at our Ronler Acres OR campus.
- Act as one of Intel's System Owner of the site's electrical distribution system.
Sustaining engineering responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting electrical system problems coordinating shutdowns conducting breaker coordination and arc flash studies
- Systematic problem solving statistical validation of system performance providing electrical load and capacity data dealing with utilities rates and system issues
- Delivering operational efficiency, maintenance, testing and commissioning solutions occasional weekend engineering support will also be required.
Additional duties may include:
- Help maintain the facilities document control system by ensuring electrical as-built drawings are incorporated into the master CAD drawings
- Ensure electrical system single line diagrams are up to date and all construction specifications, as-built, O&M manuals and submittals are received after project close out.
- Help maintain and organize the document control storage area for fast retrieval of information drawings, specifications, manuals, etc.
- Work closely with Project Managers, contractors and engineers on project design and close out documentation.
- Coordinate and oversee work of external consultant's CAD support.
- Provide design and industrial engineering support on projects.
- Organize, set up and maintain a CAD/document control system.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger team.
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation.
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on power/utilities system.
- Must have permanent right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
One year of relevant job or internship experience in areas such as:
- Low and medium voltage power, easy power, load flow analysis, electrical engineering drawings and short circuit calculations.
Inside this Business Group
- PE Registration or EIT certification is highly desired.
- Ability to communicate tactical concepts across a wide range of employees engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrate application of structured problem solving methods and tools.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.