LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
We are looking for a Facilities Engineer to bring expertise in MEP and controls systems (i.e. BMS, Security, occupancy sensors, parking controls, etc.) to improve workplace services delivery and performance. You will be responsible for driving optimal building operations, project design direction & review for construction projects (MEP focus), and developing operational processes & QC procedures to ensure high performance. A key expectation for this role is to investigate, test, and implement control-systems improvements that provide increased control, energy management, as well as workplace services support for the activities taking place in our buildings. Your work will require understanding of the Linkedin workplace, and will result in operational changes within the workplace that will positively impact the employee experience. Responsibilities
- Ensure optimum building systems reliability.
- Responsible for directing & evaluating systems performance for optimal operations.
- Development of predictive maintenance requirements for critical building systems.
- Collaborate with Workplace Operations management to execute recommendations.
- Management of technical projects and programs
- Technical resolution for systems operations and MEP design issues.
- Responsible for developing building systems to reduce electrical, water, and refuse requirements.
- Primary responsibility for LEED / environmental building system strategies.
- Responsible for conducting root-cause-failure-analysis for all critical system failures.
- Collaborate with GWS management to approve and execute recommendations.
- Support the development of projects & initiatives.
- Develop clearly defined scope and schedule objectives for the business requirement.
- Assemble a complete project package for approval: inclusive of a defined business objective, scope of work, detailed cost estimates, project schedule, and drawings /documents as required.
- Manage the execution of projects from investigation, development, approval, and execution- resolving any issues that arise, managing to the approved scope, schedule and budget.
- Support the development & implementation of standardized/best practice processes that create repeatable efficiencies.
- Proactively identify and recommend initiatives that improve service, reduce costs, improve quality, reduce risks, or affect the effectiveness of the workplace.
- Collaborate within GWS to support the effective delivery of space & services.
- Travel required (approximately 25% of the time).
- BA/BS degree in Engineering (preferred mechanical or electrical)
- 7+ years of systems design (w/ focus on controls systems), construction and operations
- Excellent collaborator: capable of working with others to find solutions to complex problems.
- Experience working internationally; cultural sensitivity to communications and business engagement.
- Vendor management experience
- Direct Services management experience, with a customer service focus
- E., LEED accreditation a plus
- Experience with IT network design & AV design a plus
- Ability to manage sensitive issues and interface with senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in verbal and written form, especially in remote management situations.
- A persuasive and credible communicator who earns the trust of colleagues and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to others to understand their perspectives, to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and persuade vendors and contractors to perform to meet commitments.
- Self-motivated and performance driven; coupled with the willingness to take necessary actions to deliver on commitments.
- Able to understand and immerse oneself in the LinkedIn company culture.
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.