McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Saving lives starts with you. It starts with a chain of events you initiate when you work for McKesson Pharmaceutical. Come join our winning team at our brand new, 340,000 sq ft distribution center, located in Montgomery, NY. McKesson is a Fortune 5 company with over 30,000 “partners” providing excellent benefits and a great work environment.
Successful candidate will be well-rounded in industrial electrical skills, repair experience and knowledge of a broad range of complex facility systems. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform complex technical tasks as well as leading and training team members.
- Maintenance, modification, troubleshooting, and repair of a wide variety of challenging electronic and electro-mechanical systems in a distribution center environment.
- Provide electrical support for all facility systems and equipment including but not limited to conveyors, A-Frames, Printers, Strappers, Compressors and other automated technologies.
- Demonstrate skills in all phases of facility maintenance including electrical troubleshooting.
- Self starter in new system and equipment learning and training.
- Ability to lead and train other facilities assistants.
- Communicate with and maintain relationships with vendors.
2+ years facilities engineering experienceCritical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- At least 2 years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both.
- Experience with troubleshooting control systems ranging from relay logic to microprocessor based controls.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a wide variety of challenging electronic and electro-mechanical systems in a distribution center environment
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics is required.
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call.
- Applicants must have flexibility with work hours and days, to include holidays and short notice call in.
- Ability to lead, communicate and motivate team members under normal as well as during times of high pressure due to system failures.
- Ability to communicate effectively between facilities team, vendors, operations and IT
- Must be open to flexible night hours with typical shift of Sunday through Thursday with a 4PM start time
- Knowledge of the NEC and some light electrical construction experience is desired.
- Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems including power feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, AC/DC drives, PLC’s, UPS systems, compressors, strappers air handling units and CRAC units.
- Experience with LOTO and OSHA regulations.
- Windows XP/Windows 7 and work order experience is preferred.
- Experience with CMMS program such as Maintenance Connection
- Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on facility systems.
- Experience with conveyors is a plus
- Associate’s degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field.
HS Diploma or Equivalent. May require certification in an electrical, welding, or mechanical field.Physical Requirements
Benefits & Company Statement
- Ability to perform lifting (weight varies based on product), walking, standing, climbing, work overhead, and office environment.
- Ability to operate power equipment including scissor lifts, boom lifts, man-lifts, reach trucks, tuggers, scrubbers and sweepers
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please