Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark's K-12 division provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning. For more information on Aramark's K-12 programs, please visit www.aramarkschools.com . Position Description:
Responsible for directing and managing all applicable operations in a facility including maintenance, plant operations, grounds, and custodial services. Scope of Role
Around 1M GSF, between 3 and 5 schools/buildings with around 20 to 25 hourly staff members. Key Responsibilities
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Responsible for increasing business volume of facility service.
- Create and develop relationships with client.
- Oversee all facility operations managed at an account.
- May oversee Capital Projects on behalf of the Facility.
- Tour and inspect the facility, coordinating total quality management requirements.
- Oversee budget, including labor costs, supply costs, inventories, and purchased services, and ensure services are in agreement between Aramark and the client.
- Lead, guide and direct each service manager at an account.
- Ensure all requests from client and customers are closed loop with communication back to the requestors.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Set and track Key Performance Indicators.
- Order, maintain, and use capital equipment efficiently.
- Complete and approve weekly and monthly financial operating reports.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA and environmental regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations.
- Maintain staffing and scheduling requirement.
- Respond to requests of client, DM, RVP, and Corporate Staff.
- Implement training and development of employees and Human Resources policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for utilization of computerized management systems.
- Participate in a school committee or group outside of Facilities Manager responsibilities.
- Provide training on equipment specific to the facility.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor Degree in facilities, engineering or any other relevant field is strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of technical experience in a facilities services environment.
- At least 3 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Certified Plant Maintenance Manager (CPMM) strongly preferred.
- Technical knowledge of maintenance equipment, cleaning procedures, and capital project management and experience overseeing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled trade personnel in a union and/or non-union environment is required.
- Strong financial analysis skills and P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.