Facilities Mechanical Engineer Job Description
Corporate Services CS provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
The heart of Intel innovation lies in its semiconductor facilities. This is your opportunity play a central role in maintaining our state-of-the-art environmental controls, including oil-free air systems, HVAC systems, chilled water plant, boilers and environmental compliance exhaust systems.
Our Mechanical Engineers make a big impact by supporting our safety, reliability and environmental objectives. Colleagues will follow your lead in planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance and modifications - everything that goes into supporting Intel's most valuable manufacturing facilities.
Intel offers you an opportunity to apply your engineering knowledge, your understanding of operating systems, and your superior problem-solving skills to validate system performance, and to collaborate with the site facility management team, suppliers and key stakeholders. Help us comply with the standards, specifications and processes that make Intel a world technology leader.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Ability and willingness to learn/grow into technical areas beyond current education and area of expertise/experience.
- Ability to identify, analyze and problem solve immediate issues with technical equipment.
- Demonstrated experience taking mechanical technical knowledge and explaining it to a non-mechanical technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to work shutdowns and other shifts as needed to support production.
- Apply well defined verbal and written communications skills in a business setting.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment composed of both technical and management personnel to resolve issues quickly and economically.
- Ability to work and adapt in a rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Possess a strong personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them.
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation.
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent Engineering degree.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
At least 6 months of experience of experience in:
Basic mechanical pumps, piping, valves and other and control instrumentation.
PCS and other systems.
Experience in Mechanical Engineering in large-scale manufacturing/ mechanical engineering facility services support.
Experience with Statistical Process control.
Experience working in a production environment and/or with other facilities process systems.-Demonstrated ability to professionally present to peers and leadership at site at cross-site meetings and actively participate in cross-site tasks as directed.Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.