Responsible for managing facility operations for multiple office locations in the western United States, including the company headquarters location. Responsible for managing suppliers providing services including utilities, operations, maintenance, food services, shuttle services, and copy center. Forecasts and manages quarterly budgets for these services to a high degree of accuracy. Drives continuous improvement in supplier processes and operating costs. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to day operations of a broad functional area or set of departments, with particular attention to attainment of operating objectives, cost containment, and quality of delivered services/products as measured by internal customer satisfaction.
- Manages a set of projects to deliver enhanced or improved services/products.
- Directs a broad range of staff studies to analyze and develop more efficient and cost effective means of supporting the business.
- Supports and mentors subordinate managers in the fulfillment of their functions by establishing priorities, setting professional standards, and critical review of performance and development plans.
- Identifies general areas for process and program improvement, and implements enhancements through assignment and management of appropriate persoonnel.
- May serve as an internal consultant to upper management as staff expert in a particular technical or business field.
- May perform specific staff business tasks at the expert level.
- Manages the development of departmental operating and capital budgets in accordance with corporate business plans.
- Oversees the management and control of these financial resources over the course of the financial period.
- Directs the development of operating expense and capital budgetary strategies to effectively accomodate significant changes to business conditions, opprtunities, and requirements.
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Customer satisfaction and total quality management emphasis.
- Experienced in the use and practical business applications of various PC based software packages.
- Exhibits creativity, integrity, and openness to prudent risk-taking.
INCUMBENTS ARE PREFERRED WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. Degree, or equivalent, in such areas as Engineering, Construction Management, Procurement Management, Architecture, etc.;
- 9 years significant business experience in high technology manufacturing/process industries, with 3 years supervisory/management experience.
INCUMBENTS ARE PREFERRED WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING :
- M.S./MBA Degree with focus on project/construction management or financial/operations analysis;
- 10 years experience in real estate, facilities management, and/or industrial construction management within the high technology industries;
- 6 years of management experience;
- Proven track record in delivering customer satisfaction
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.