Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple sites or related teams. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives. Key Responsibilities
- Manages the company's real estate portfolio and/ or facility assets (e.g., offices, manufacturing facilities, data centers, lab facilities and others) to ensure sufficient occupant capacity while minimizing company expenses and liabilities.
- Manages the planning, design, construction, operation, service, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications
- In collaboration with the Environmental Health & Safety group, over sees facility related health and safety standards
- Develops section/ department operating and capital budgets in accordance with corporate business plans, and then manages these financial resources over the course of the financial period. Provides input to tactical planning strategies in response to corporate business plan models.
- Develops and implements flexible operating expense and capital budgetary strategies to effectively accommodate significant changes to business conditions, opportunities, and requirements.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identifies general areas for process and program improvement, defines criteria for solutions, and assigns and monitors implementation through subordinates.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans
- Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plans
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.