Facilities Process Engineer Intern Job Description
Corporate Services (CS) provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories.
Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of an exempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school. Whether it's building a factory or keeping Intel's manufacturing facilities operating to our high standards, we have the same goal of world class.
If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, joining our Intern program as a Facilities Process Engineer may be a good fit for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills to work with all levels of management, a diverse customer base, and both technical and non-technical partners.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation.
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience. Minimum Requirements
- The candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental or Civil Engineering (or closely related field).
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
- Demonstrated application of sound engineering principles and technical problem solving.
- Experience in facilities, liquid, industrial waste treatment systems, chemical piping, chemical analytical testing, water treatment, gas delivery systems or Ultra-Pure Water.
- Experience with mechanical equipment (pumps, valves, etc)
- Knowledge of heat and/or mass transfer theory
- Knowledge of statistical methods, including Statistical Process Control.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on EarthOther Locations
US, California, Santa Clara; US, New Mexico, Albuquerque; US, Arizona, Phoenix; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.