The Facilities Project Manager will ensure that a variety of data center related construction projects are completed on time, within budget and to IBM standard specifications. These will include electrical and mechanical installations, raised floor electrical fit out, office space build out and much more.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Manage, track and report progress on multiple projects simultaneously
• Manage the mechanical and electrical design for new data centers to fit the standard IBM deployment
• Manage the electrical fit-out process all the way down to the rack connection point on the data center floor so operations teams can begin deploying servers
• Ensure electrical and mechanical loads are designed to be balanced with proper redundancy
• Manage electrical installation commissioning process to IBM standards
• Conduct bid process and recommend successful bidder
• Perform budget preparation and tracking
• Validate project invoices prior to processing
• Knowledge of data center critical infrastructure functionality required
• This position will require travel
Location: Dallas, TX or Houston, TX
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.