Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
This position will report to the General Manager of EVS and will lead the Quality & Standards Operational Excellence and training funcions for the EVS program. Includes assisting in the completion of all environmental services, complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Will be responsible for training all Environmental Sevices staff members to ensure that Aramark cleaning processes are learned and practiced by all new and existing employees. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers.
- Provides training to all new and existing employees on all Aramark cleaning processes. Ensures employees are knowledgeable on the use of all chemicals and personal protective equipment.
- Oversees employee proficiency in cleaning processes and provides effective feedback to both employee and the management team.
- Implements and maintains quality improvement processes for the EVS Department.
- Trains employees on the proper trash and linen removal procedures. Trains employees on proper set-up of carts including storage, stocking and supplies.
- Develop a stable, competent work force and encourage personal growth of all personnel through periodic evaluation and review.
- Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy when answering/responding to all calls and requests.
- Ensures employees comply with JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and Aramark, hospital and infection control.
- Provides employees with checklists, guidebooks, or other training material to ensure proper procedures and processes are followed.
- Assists in enhancing productivity and efficient operations of the Department.
- Assists in coordinating the activities of EVS staff to ensure efficient and cost-effective utilization of staff, materials, and equipment.
- Ensures consistent applications and regular use of all Facility Fit Pro modules to properly manage the operation.
- Ensures compliance with all contract obligations.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Use operational expertise to pilot, incubate and implement new and existing systems and technologies.
- Publish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for custodial program in alignment with Aramark Facilities Standards.
- Develop, implement and maintain Aramark Facilities resources such as the aramark.net, OPX Facilities website, BenchMark, Program Audit and Facility Fit Pro.
- Provide System support to computerized maintenance management system relative to system operation, development upgrades, enhancements and or training.
- Develop training schedules based on field-identified needs and statutory requirements.
- Provide in-house and site-based training.
- Coordinate training for unique needs or requests.
- Develop and implement leadership training program.
- Measure training effectiveness.
- Provide training program feedback to General Manager.
- Member of the cross line of business Development Committee responsible for the development, testing, and piloting of new technology, programs and systems.
- Utilize technical expertise to evaluate Aramark's operating program standards, measure performance and recommend solutions in order to enhance or improve operations.
- Document observations and recommendations with formal reporting methods for client and internal audiences.
- Provide Faculties expertise relating to Bench mark, LEED certification, quality and Sustainability.
- Collaborate nationally with the regional Directors of Strategic Development to support facilities programs in selected retention efforts.
- Assist in the development, implementation and facilitation of technical training programs for managers and employees.
- Assess and monitor select accounts through compliance audits to ensure compliance with our client contracts, OSHA, Life Safety and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Assist in the development and support of Regional Centers of Excellence if needed.
- Partner with Innovation & Expertise Teams and advocate for change and implement new technologies, handheld devices, programs and or processes consistent with initiatives developed and approved by the Facilities and OpX Sr Teams.
- Bachelors Degree preferred. High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of five years in housekeeping within a healthcare/hospital environment.
- Strong customer service skills is required for success in this position.
- Will be skilled in directing and motivating the staff; have knowledge of infection control techniques.
- Provide effective oral and written communication skills, having the ability to work well with others at all levels.
- Full knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to clinical equipment in their area.
- Must have detailed organization and prioritizing skills with the ability to train; teach, demonstrate and follow-up on all assignments, when necessary.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Can interpret and follow technical instructions and complete assignments timely; showing a sense of urgency.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.