Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. Position Description
Presitigious Princeton University in NJ seeks a senior leader for a Resident District Manager opportunity. The role is responsible for the overall planning, direction and control of the account's custodial management program. The Resident District Manager is responsible for and accountable to all contracts within the account defined as a district. The selected candidate will facilitate the development of strategic operational plans aligned with the client's mission, vision, and objectives. The role also ensures that fiscal and managerial compliance is executed at all times and develops a talented and engaged work force on the campus.Key Responsibilities
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Works closely with VPO and/or RVP to provide overall planning, direction and control to their district to achieve operating and financial goals
- Develop district forecasts and communicate variances to regional & divisional management.
- Develop plans that will optimize financial performance and productivity.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services, which support sales growth and client retention.
- Provide guidance and motivation to managers and other district staff.
- Develop and maintain effective labor relations.
- Oversee and assure that all collective bargaining agreements are upheld
- Responsible for recruiting, training and succession planning of overall district as well as providing talent for stand alone accounts within the region.
- Establish and maintain effective customer rapport and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with clients.
- Interact with client management and establish and maintain effective client and customer relations.
- Build effective partnerships with regional leadership and their staffs
- Maintain positive community relations while participating in professional and civic activities and making public appearances.
- Promote vertical sales growth via active collaboration amongst the regional team and appropriate subject matter experts.
- Bachelors Degree with 7+ years of leadership experience within, facilities or custodial management is required.
- 10+ years of experience as a senior manager is highly desired
- Experience as the main point of contact within a Higher Education managed services environment is highly preferred
- Experience overseeing a budget or revenue of at least 10 million dollars
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead a team in a diverse environment and successfully provide alignment and innovation to generate measurable outcomes for our clients and customers.
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements is preferred
- Must have highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.