Plant FacilitiesJob Description
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics has changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Senior Manager at Amgen Thousand Oaks.
•Independently manages and assumes primary responsibility for significant facilities portfolio within the Global Facilities Operations (GFO) organization in Thousand Oaks, CA.
•Supports clients as a dedicated customer advocate and single point of accountability/contact for engineering services provided by GFO. Frequently interacts with clients' senior management and/or functional peer group managers.
•Develops and oversees site facilities and asset management and maintenance programs in conjunction with Integrated Service Providers (ISP), programs include Integrated Facilities Management (IFM), Lab Asset Management Program (LAMP), and Lab Consumable and Support Services (LCSS).
•Ensure ISPs delivers on scope of work for ATO and monitors Service Level Agreements to ensure compliance. Provides consistent approach and escalation path for managing ISPs.
•Supports site-wide infrastructure and tenant improvement projects, ranging from improving operational efficiency to ensuring that facilities meet governmental regulations and Amgen standards.
•Oversees capital project planning and administration, and ensures successful implementation of project objectives.
•Leads in developing benchmarking for facilities operational parameters, monitoring employee satisfaction with work environment, space-utilization, and risk management issues.
•All work to be completed to assure minimal impact to production and compliance with all cGMP guidelines and Amgen procedures.Job Responsibilities
- Translates client needs and initiative into GFO and/or Engineering objectives, programs, and projects.
- Negotiates with executive and senior management in prioritization and resource allocation for major construction and tenant improvement projects.
- Oversees the development of facilities management plans and strategies to manage facility assets and real estate property.
- Ensures consistent management and maintenance practices throughout the facilities and sites in regards to facilities maintenance and appearance.
- Ensure ISP's delivers on scope of work for ATO and monitors Service Level Agreements to ensure compliance.
- Acts as primary escalation point for Amgen and ISP's at site level.
- Partners with Compliance and Quality Assurance to ensure the facilities portfolio and operational practices are in alliance with the corporate compliance commitments.
- Leads in development of a long-range maintenance program and systems life cycle analysis.
- Development of Long Range Planned Maintenances (LRPM) Master Plan, and other Life Cycle Maintenance Programs. Development of LRP/LE program.
- Development of major projects and justification through CRC Project Governance process.
- Monitors appropriate industries and markets for facilities management benchmarking and best available practices, innovations, techniques and methods.
- Acts as GFO representative during inspections by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) agencies, insurance companies, and assists during compliance inspections.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of facilities experience
Master's degree and 4 years of facilities experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of facilities experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of facilities experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of facilities experiencePreferred Qualifications:
Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or facility management related field
- 10+ years' experience in engineering and/or facilities management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with operating and maintaining central utility plants.
- 5+ years staff supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective teams across multiple sites and regions.
- Ability to build strong client relationships with a client focused management style.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively influence cross-functionally and across multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex tasks.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement and operational excellence methods and best practices
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.