McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is seeking a Facilities
Supervisor in our West Sacramento Central Fill site. This role supports
an Automated Prescription Refill Center (ARC) for a major retailer in the areas
of computer systems as well as mechanical systems
Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance activities of an Automated Refill
Center to include mechanical systems (i.e. refrigeration, conveyor) as
well as IT systems (i.e. computer, network, peripheral devices).
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives,
and confers with managers/ supervisors to obtain data required for
planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress,
and problems encountered.
- Ensures the security and accountability of materials
and goods with inventory control.
- May evaluate current procedures and practices for
accomplishing department objectives and develop and implement improved
procedures and practices.
- Gives work direction, resolves problems, and sets
deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Works with associated vendors to operate, maintain and
support proprietary and shelf system software systems.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains
computer networks, hardware and software.
- Oversight and responsibility for all safety and
security protocols to include working with on-site senior management to
ensure strict adherence to same. These include, but are not limited
to: OSHA, FDA, DOT, Fire Detection, DEA and PDMA monitoring/compliance.
- Maintain and support security systems including state
of the art intrusion detection, access system and camera systems.
- Responsible for all management of building cleanliness
- Oversight and management of facilities projects.
Project management will often require working closely with vendors to
gather estimates and adhere to budget forecasts.
- Contractor engagement including oversight and
management of all contracts for facility services.
- 2+ years facilities engineering experience and demonstrated leadership skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and past symptoms
to root cause levels
- Aptitude to organize self as well as other team member
- Detailed working/troubleshooting knowledge of
mechanical and electrical systems such as PLC logic, automated control
systems, conveyers, and pneumatics
- Proven ability to read and comprehend complex
electrical, mechanical and automation system prints/schematics quickly and
have the ability to convey information to facilities team under high
- Working knowledge of all "trade" categories,
including, but not limited to Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatics, Temperature
controls systems and HVAC. Typical system knowledge required includes
power feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, AC/DC drives, PLC’s,
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Windows operating
- Exceptional professional communication skills both
verbal and written including strong customer orientation
- Must be open to flexible hours with typical
shift of Sunday 8AM till 4:30PM and Monday through Thursday 2PM till 10:30PM
- 2+ years as a Facilities Lead, or a team leader
- Familiarity with Networking, Routers, switches and
- Working knowledge of automation or automated systems
- Experience managing and leading teams preferred;
effective leadership/team building skills
- Computer systems proficiency to include troubleshooting
and cabling, with ability to set up and analyze computer systems and other
- Develop an overall maintenance schedule based on the
requirements of each device.
- Manage vendors including oversight and management of
all contracts for facility services
- Ability to work with control circuits using such
devices as photo eyes, solenoid valves, limit switches, indicating lights and
- 4-year degree or related field or equivalent experience
Benefits & Company Statement
- Ability to perform lifting
(weight varies based on product), walking, standing, climbing, work overhead,
and office environment.
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please