Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Facilities Supervisor in our Brooklyn Park office.
H ere, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Supervisor working on the Facilities team, you will be empowered to lead a skilled group of technicians and maintain compliance with cGMP standards, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- This position is responsible for supervising maintenance technicians and ensuring their compliance to cGMP standards and adherence to corporate safety policies.
- Principal duties and responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training of staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; being responsible for the operation and maintenance of plant equipment in a rotating shift environment.
- This position provides technical guidance to maintenance technicians who are operating, performing corrective maintenance on, and performing routine preventative maintenance on facilities equipment; ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed by maintenance personnel; and reviewing, as necessary, work orders, logs and forms for cGMP compliance. Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Responsible for supervising the operation and maintenance of plant equipment, including but not limited to high pressure steam boilers; chillers; heating/cooling air handling units; process waste treatment systems; CIP equipment; water purification system (water softening and carbon bed filtration, reverse osmosis equipment, continuous deionization equipment, sanitary pumps, multi-effect distillation equipment); tank mixers; air compressors and dryers; and chilled water distribution systems.
- Responds to service calls, conducting or directing in-house repairs throughout the facility, supervision of subcontractors as necessary, and making routine inspection of premises to determine repair work when necessary
- Exercises judgment based on experience and within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action in responding to requests for unscheduled maintenance or repair, and in the scheduling of routine preventive maintenance. Decisions may have moderate to high level of impact on continuous plant operation and manufacturing schedules.
- Typically receives minimal instructions for routine work and direction of staff, but immediately recognizes conditions when guidance from Facilities Management is required.
- Interacts with all departments and at all levels of the organization. As a key member of a service based group, the Facilities Supervisor is often the primary link between the internal customer and the maintenance technicians performing the work.
- Articulates clear direction and conducts appropriate follow up on assignments. Must have the ability to motivate and positively influence others. Effectively manages people, projects, and budgets.
- Must have a minimum two-year certificate in a technical field such as HVAC, building trades or building utilities program, or equivalent military experience
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and wiring schematics
- Excellent customer service skills; and the ability to plan, implement and complete complex projects.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years experience in the maintenance trades, preferably in a CGMP manufacturing environment, with experience operating in a lead technical role.
- State of Minnesota, “Chief B” Operating Engineers License, or higher is preferred in order to oversee operation of plant steam boilers.
- Needs to be mobile with the ability to move throughout the facility as dictated by the essential functions and responsibilities of the position
- Will be required to work in a clean room environment and wear special garments.
- Daily routine will also require personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Potential for travel, typically with short duration.
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.