Healthcare Life Sciences
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare Life Sciencesprovides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what's needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow. We add value to our customers by:
* Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
* Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
* Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This is Facilities position with an opportunity to learn and deliver site specific operating needs on a daily basis. Exercise independent discretion in performing a full array of daily operational tasks and light maintenance in a fast paced environment.
• Work independently and with a team as needed to perform daily monitoring, repair and preventive maintenance activities on office equipment and facility equipment or systems.
• Strong aptitude for mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems including problem recognition and remediation.
• Coordinate with Facilities Specialist on package handling and incoming mail deliveries as needed to ensure timely delivery to recipient. Process outgoing mail or packages as needed daily.
• Working with others to implement injury prevention and compliance initiatives.
• Assist in compliance inspections and EHS program implementation as requested.
• Provide support for facility related projects including setup and breakdown for special events.
• Maintain accurate, complete and timely records as needed or required.
• Work with Facilities team to develop central supply management for the site.
• Provides Facilities support for laboratory personnel as needed.
Quality Specific Goals: 1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position 2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines 3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required 4. Knowledge and understanding of production process work instructions and operates within them to ensure that equipment conforms to its specifications. 5. Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records.
1. High school diploma/or local equivalent or Technical School degree or equivalent experience of 5 years experience in facilities maintenance in a lab environment. 2. Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications 3. Basic understanding of facility support systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and computer based applications. 4. Appropriate certification or license if required by local regulatory agencies.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Experience in a GMP environment
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.