: A01/22 Hiring Manager:
Dallis Conrad HR Rep:
Cyndi Kaczmarczyk Location:
Medina Roofing & Asphlat Plant | 1212 SUMMARY
Responsible for general cleaning the facility/grounds up keep. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
JOB REQUIREMENTSSKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Will perform all aspects of job duties in safest manner.
- Performs general janitorial duties in administrative areas such as mopping, sweeping, trash removal and other cleaning.
- Maintains cleanliness of walkways throughout the facility.
- Performs general janitorial duties in employee areas (break and locker rooms) such as mopping, sweeping, trash removal and other cleaning.
- Assists in maintaining the facility buildings and other structures by cleaning and painting as necessary.
- Maintain outside areas of the facility by performing such tasks as picking up trash and painting as necessary.
- Assist in placement of facility signage as needed.
- Assist in inspection and maintaining cleanliness of facility safety equipment (i.e. safety eye wash stations) as necessary.
- Assist with other tasks as deemed necessary by facility leadership (i.e. snow plowing).
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Good communication skills
- Accountability and ownership for actions
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Able to communicate in English
- Ability to read a tape measure and do basic math
- Able to learn the responsibilities of the position.
- Able to Learn basic computer skills
The employee must be able to:
Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrumentEDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Some manufacturing experience is helpful
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to stand/walk for 8 - 10 hours straight
- Able to climb and descend stairs periodically throughout work shift
- Lift and push and pull 50lbs.
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, leg movements as needed throughout work shift
- Must be able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
- Exposure to temperature extremes
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Bending and twisting
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
- Repetitive movements
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to/Dept: Supervisor
Shift: 6 AM - 2 PMAbout Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.