Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our technician's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards - check us out, we may be the company for you. I. Job Summary
Performs a wide variety of skilled mechanical duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and modify mechanical equipment and facilities. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Plans and lays out work using blueprints, drawings, and general instructions.
- Performs complex maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and repairing a wide variety of equipment.
- Repairs systems requiring the isolation and replacement of pumps.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Fabricates and weld parts as required including pipes, equipment and structural steel.
- Does plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and electrical repair or installation as required.
- Provides assistance, training, and leadership to mechanics with less experience.
- Perform special projects and other duties, such as writing preventative maintenance instructions from manufacturers specifications.
- Complete necessary forms and records.
- Operates Heavy Equipment or other company vehicles (examples vacuum truck, sanitary truck) as needed.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: 5 years relevant work experience (in Facility Manitenance Technician Hazardous Waste)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Current valid Driver's License
NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
RCRA / HAZWOPER Training:
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDP's)
Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit Test annual
- Physical at Termination
- Respirators - Full face OV/AG or half face with face shield
- Full face supplied air in some arrears
- Suit - Appropriate Barrier Suite: Liquid - yellow Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties Solid - white tyvek
- Gloves - appropriate to hazards present - PVC over Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes - Vinyl Booties - Waterproof boots - chemical resistant boots
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes Steel Toe
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Proficiency in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required. V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) All of work day; most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, etc) frequently; rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently; rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: Facility maintenance shop/disposal site; repair/maintenance shop. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.