Facility Safety Officer Medical City Plano
Provides facilities engineering related work to the hospital, including Environment of Care management, facilities engineering and utilities management.
Medical City Plano
is a full-service, 427-bed acute-care facility with more than 1,300 employees and over 1000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. Our main campus in the heart of Plano includes the main hospital and medical offices, an outpatient surgery center, a comprehensive cancer-treatment center, an emergency and Level 2 trauma center, a radiology/imaging center, a comprehensive cardiovascular program, the Center for Lifestyle Enhancement, The Bariatric Institute, Wound Care Center and complete women's and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit.
The Facility Safety Officer
will do the following:
• Effectively manages the hospital's Environment of Care program.
• Evaluates the Environment of Care program annually through a formal report and implements necessary changes to affect improvement based on findings.
• Manages special compliance programs, including BMP, SOC and risk assessments.
• Manages the performance improvement indicators for Environment of Care to assure improvements are being made toward staff and patient safety and security.
• Has knowledge of business regulatory requirements.
• Leads EOC program, compliance, and policy development
• Assures hospital is compliant with life safety code requirements.
• Manages the eSOC and TJC survey processesQualifications: Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology, Disaster and Emergency Planning, or Safety
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) preferred.
- 5 years facilities engineering experience preferred.
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.