As the Maintenance and Facility Services Manager, you will partner with the DC Management team to accomplish the organization's goals and objectives. The Facility Services Manager selects,develops, motivates and oversees a staff of facility maintenance people over a two-shift operation. Responsibilities entail the management of all building electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing, fork truck and conveyor equipment repair and preventative maintenance. Also included is responsibility for utilities, contract/vendor services and procurement of materials and supplies. The Facility Services Manager is also accountable for the management of all supplementary services such as: sanitation,energy and waste management, landscaping and snow removal.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring compliance to all government-mandated codes/regulations relevant to the physical operation of the facility. The Facility Services Manager is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the Distribution Center and other associated buildings. This includes site structures, property and equipment.
- Plan, organize, schedule, forecast, and coordinate work in order to meet organizational goals.
- Maintain repair logs and manage preventative maintenance programs for building and material handling equipment.
- Prepare departmental budget and control expenditures against approved budget.
- Administer policies/procedures in a fair and consistent manner. Professionally address issues with employees utilizing the proper resources.
- Develop a facility services staff with an emphasis on team building, communication, performance accountability, and positive employee relations management.
- Ensure maximum utilization of manpower and equipment.
- Promote and reinforce safety and security awareness and compliance among the facility services group.
- Must be available to respond to all emergencies anytime day,night or weekends.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Facility Director.
A little about us: