Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Posted: November 17, 2017
Reference ID: WD30038952286
As a Lab Facility Technician, you will work in a climate controlled HVAC laboratory environment performing maintenance and repair duties as needed.
Responsibilities / Duties
• Perform preventative maintenance / repair duties on a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic equipment throughout the test facility.
• Coordinate with outside contractors for necessary repair services as needed.
• Maintain proper documentation records for scheduled and completed maintenance activities.
• Utilize computer software programs as required to document time, vacation requests, maintenance tasks, etc.
• Follow established safety procedures and maintain a clean work area.
• Other duties as required
• High school diploma or equivalent combined with vocational technical training in a related field, such as HVAC, electrical technology, mechanical technology, industrial technology, etc. is preferred.
• A minimum of two years related work/education experience.
• Boiler certification is a plus.
• Comfortable reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting electrical systems.
• Very mechanically inclined.
• Familiarity with SAP for creating purchase orders is a plus.
• Ability to braze using Oxy/Acetylene torch
• Ability to lift equipment, compressor units, electric motors, sheet metal parts etc
• High level of self-motivation and integrity
• Effective and professional communication and organizational skills are required
• Ability to troubleshoot, collaborate and brainstorm with other team members
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Outlook or other email programs
• Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
Who We Are: Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .