Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Why Choose Dell's Enterprise Server Group? See for yourself: https://youtu.be/Vh6PqxlbWgE Failure Analysis Engineer - Austin, TX
Everyone has the potential for greatness. At Dell, we hire the best talent to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges to bring world-class solutions to our customers and make technology accessible to everyone. Our environment will provide you what you need to realize your full potential at Dell.
Dell has undergone a transformation in our business strategy to better position end-to-end solutions that solve businesses most pressing challenges. We are looking for individuals who can take information and knowledge of products and parlay this into improved Customer Experience for Dell customers.
Dell is seeking a Failure AnalysisEngineer
to join our team in Austin, TX
. You'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you'll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.Role Responsibilities:
- Characterize the failure mechanism of discrete components by utilizing various electrical test equipment (Curve Tracer, LCZ bridge, Probe Station, DIMMs, etc.).
- Perform mechanical and chemical decap on components.
- Metallurgical cross-sectioning of PWBs and components.
- Recognize defects and anomalies in PWBs and discrete components.
- Perform chemical etching of mounted samples.
- Utilize optical microscopes, video imaging/capture equipment and a SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) to document the failure mechanism.
- Perform material analysis using a SEM/EDX.
- Perform plating thickness analysis using an XRF.
- Operate a 2D and 3D x-ray imaging systems.
- Publish technical reports on the analysis findings.
- Requires BS in Computer Science, Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and/or 5+ years of lab Server development experience.
- Must be familiar with the various IPC and JEDEC Standards for PWBs.
- Have general background in PWB fabrication process.
- Must have experience with surface mount technology.
- Candidates must have a mature Safety attitude and knowledge concerning the proper storage, handling, and disposal of lab chemicals, in accordance with the MSDS and general lab safety procedures.
- Comfortable working in lab environment.
- Schedule and prioritize tasking in order to meet commit dates.
- Self-starter who understands need for customer satisfaction.
- Ability to understand and deliver to needs of end customers
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.EEO Statement:
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R16389