Location: INSERT CITY, Ohio - United States Manufacturing Engineering Intern/Co-Op
Location: Various - USManufacturing Engineering Intern/Co-Op
Do you consider yourself to be Extraordinary Talent?
At Owens Corning, interns are treated exactly like full-time employees-you will take on a great deal of responsibility and do impactful work all while engaging in a dynamic learning experience. Interns work side by side with Owens Corning employees as team members and are expected to continuously elevate their performance and the results of the team as a whole. As an intern at Owens Corning you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to create value while consistently improving results.Program Description:
Engineering Interns are placed at an Owens Corning manufacturing plant for approximately 12 weeks during the summer term. Engineering Co-ops are placed at an Owens Corning manufacturing plant for approximately 16 weeks during the spring or fall term. Throughout this time, the participant is mentored by seasoned technical professionals and completes assigned project work. Projects will provide participants with direct experience on the technical challenges found in the manufacturing setting and will be in the areas of:
- Safety leadership
- Process and product improvement
- Productivity increases
- Waste elimination
In addition, the participant will be expected to develop the following competencies essential to being an effective manufacturing engineer:
- Customer driven
- Analytics & data based decision making
- Independence and initiative
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Elevates performance of self and others
- Builds rapport for success
Outstanding participants may be offered full-time employment in the Manufacturing Leadership Program at the conclusion of their experience, to commence following graduation. The Manufacturing Leadership Program is used to recruit and develop technical and operations leaders for Owens Corning.Intern/Co-Op Benefits:
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration
- Project-specific training
- Accountability for work
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to evaluate the company for full-time employment
- "Lunch with the Leader" forums
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Housing stipend
Location of Assignment:
- For Interns: Candidates are entering their final year of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Ceramic, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- For Co-Ops: Candidates are academic sophomores or higher.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- For Interns: Previous internships in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated leadership in professional, service, or social organizations
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate
Participants will be placed in various locations in the United States, including: Amarillo, TX, Aiken, SC, Brunswick, ME, Delmar, NY, Fairburn, GA, Irving, TX, Jackson, TN, Kansas City, KS, Newark, OH, Rockford, IL, Santa Clara, CA, Starr, SC, Tallmadge, OH, Waxahachie, TXAbout Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.