At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Fall Protection Application Engineering Specialist for the Personal Safety Division (PSD). At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for this position will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support to customers, distributors, 3M personnel, and new product development teams for 3M's Personal Safety Division (PSD) fall protection products.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Technical service and support of 3M's US customers, distributors and sales representatives with regards to fall protection equipment.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders and relevant trade associations.
- Developing customer engagement programs to increase awareness of the unique value propositions of 3Ms fall protection products.
- Advancing industry standards by developing science based positions and participating in applicable Fall Protection standards committees.
- Conducting industry presentations, seminars, technical conference presentations on safety while working at height, fall protection technologies, product selection and use and maintenance.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing educational materials including written articles, webinars, seminars, videos, posters, datasheets, and technical data bulletins.
- Identifying and communicating new applications to the business and the global AE team. Participating in the product development process including concept identification, prioritization, customer focused field evaluations and development of compelling launch material.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years combined experience with fall protection or occupational health and safety experience
- Professional certification in engineering or safety
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience working in Fall Protection, an environmental health and safety profession or administering fall protection programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and be proficient at oral and written communications, including presenting to large groups
- Customer-focused self-starter who can effectively work independently in a fast paced environment, with an appropriate sense of urgency
- New product commercialization experience
May include up to 50% domestic travel, occasional international travelRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.