The Family Life Educator
will provide education and instruction on pregnancy, childbirth, and early parenting to individuals and families (e.g. childbirth, infant care, breastfeeding, sibling preparation, infant CPR, car seat safety).
Demonstrates the ability to adapt technique/treatment to age of population served, including n ewborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, while providing care/service with respect to cultural differences and spiritual needs.
Provides education and instruction on pregnancy, childbirth, and early parenting to individuals and families (e.g. childbirth, infantcare, breastfeeding, sibling preparation, infant CPR, car seat safety).
Teach classes within guidelines of classcurriculum.Qualifications: Licensure/Certification Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
- CPR Instructor certification, if teaching CPR
- Certified by the American Society for Psychoprophylaxis in Obsetrics (ASPO/Lamaze), or International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA) or actively seeking certification - if teaching childbirth classes
- Child Passenger Safety Certification - ifteaching car seat safety
Education and Experience
Required Education or Experience
- Previous teaching and instructional experience for each course taught: pregnancy,childbirth, infant care, breastfeeding, sibling preparation, infant CPR, car seat safety and early parenting to individuals and families.
Preferred Education or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Childhood Development or related field
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing or relatedBachelor's degree in Healthcare related field
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of accepted education standards and practice
- Knowledgeable in one of the following areas: childbirth, breastfeeding, infant care, CPR, car seat safety, or other applicable areas
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Possess personal computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and criticalthinking skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom